Deputy Director, Center for Modern Information Management,HUST, Supported by Provincial Government since 2005
Ph.D. (Majored in Management Science and Engineering),HUST, 2002.
Msc. (Majored in Management Science and Engineering), HUST, 1999.
Bsc. (Majored in Management Information Systems),HUST, 1996.
- Forecasting in Business and Engineering (Computational Intelligence)
- Business Data Mining
Prizes, Awards & Honors
1.The Provincial Excellent Ph.D. Degree Thesis Supervision Award (2016), Mr. Tao Xiong, “EMD-based hybrid modeling techniques for Time Series Forecasting and their Applications”, supervised by Dr. Yukun Bao.
2.The Provincial Excellent Master Degree Thesis Supervision Award (2013), Mr. Zhongyi Hu, “Parameters Optimization of SVMs based on Memetic Algorithms”, supervised by Dr. Yukun Bao.
3.Moe-IBM Excellent Faculty Award (2012), for the joint project “Business Data Mining”.
4.The Guandong Provincial Science and Technology Progress Award (2005), for the development of Decision Support Systems in Nuclear Power Station Operational Management.
5.The Hubei Provincial Science and Technology Progress Award (2004), for the development of Enterprise Information Systems for Three Ring Group Company (Key State-owned Company).
6.The Excellent Young Faculty Award in HUST (2005), for the excellent performance in research and teaching.
7.The Provincial First-class Bsc. Thesis Supervision Award (2009), Miss Xi Liu, “Modeling and Forecasting Inbound Tourism Flows based on Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition”, supervised by Dr. Yukun Bao.
8.The Provincial First-class Bsc. Thesis Supervision Award (2007), Mr. Xianyue Zheng, “Classifying the Spare Parts by SVMs”, supervised by Dr. Yukun Bao.
9.The Provincial First-class Bsc. Thesis Supervision Award (2005), Miss Hua Zou, “Forecasting with SVMs: Techniques and Applications”, supervised by Dr. Yukun Bao.
10.The Excellent Teaching Award in HUST (2005,2004, 2003)
Associate Editor, Neurocomputing (Elsevier, IF: 2.08), 2013-present
Language(English) Editor, Chinese Journal of Management (key journal listed by NSFC), 2014-present
Membership of Academic Organizations
- Standing Director: Society for Computer Simulation, Chinese Society for Optimization, Overall Planning and Economic Mathematics.
- Peer Reviewer: Department of Management Science, Department of Information Science, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Peer Reviewer: Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, China.
- Deputy Director: Center for Modern Information Management, Key Institutes of Humanities and Social Science of Hubei Province.
- IEEE Senior Member Since 2013.
- IEEE Wuhan Section Executive Committee Member, Professional Activity Chair (2013-)
Key Research Projects
- 2016-2019: Principal Investigator, “Multi-output Support Vector Regression based Prediction Techniquesl”. National Natural Science Fund of China (No. 71571080).
- 2013-2015: Principal Investigator, “Forecasting with Searching Data”. MOE (Ministry of Education in China) Project of Humanities and Social Science (Project No.13YJA630002)
- 2008-2010: Principal Investigator, “Research on Intelligent Support Vector Regression Based Forecasting Method”. National Natural Science Fund of China (No. 70771042).
- 2005-2007: Principal Investigator, “Research on Support Vector Machines Based Forecasting Method for Rarely Used Spare Parts Inventory Model”. National Natural Science Fund of China (No. 70401015).
- 2003-2005 Principal Investigator, “Inventory Control Decision Support Systems for Spare Parts”. Daya Bay Nuclear Maintenance Corporation.
- 2007-2012 Principal Investigator, “Mathematical Modeling for Procurement and Maintenance Schema”. Daya Bay Nuclear Maintenance Corporation.
Visiting Professor, The University of Newcastle, Australia, Feb.2015-Feb.2015.
Visiting Professor, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Dec. 2014-Dec. 2014.
Visiting Research Fellow, Lancaster University, UK, Jan. 2006-Jan. 2007.
Business Data Mining, Management Information Systems, Decision Simulation, Research Methodology, etc.
- Vice president, Association of CIOs in Hubei, 2012-Present
- Panel Member£¬Evaluation Committee of Hubei Economy and Information Technology Commission
- Consulting Services: China General Nuclear Power Corporation£¬State Grid, IBM China, etc.
Refereed Journal Papers
(* indicates the corresponding author.)
1. Tao Xiong, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu, Raymond Chiong. Forecasting Interval Time Series Using Fully Complex-valued RBF Neural Network with DPSO and PSO Algorithm. , Information Science, 2015, 305:77-92. DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2015.03.054 (SCI, IF:3.893)
2. Zhongyi Hu, Yukun Bao*, Raymond Chiong. Mid-term Interval Load Forecasting using Multi-output Support Vector Regression with a Memetic Algorithm for Feature Selection. Energy, 2015, 84:419-431. (SCI, IF:4.159 )
3. Zhongyi Hu, Yukun Bao*, Tao Xiong, Raymond Chiong. Hybrid Filter-Wrapper Feature Selection for Short-Term Load Forecasting. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 2015, 40:17-27. DOI:10.1016/j.engappai.2014.12.014 (SCI, IF:1.962)
4. Tao Xiong, Chonguang, Li, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu, Lu Zhang. A Combination Method for Interval Forecasting of Agricultural Commodity Futures Prices. Knowledge-based Systems. 2015, 76:87-100. DOI:10.1016/j.knosys.2015.01.002. (SCI, IF:3.058)
5. Zhongyi Hu, Yukun Bao*, Tao Xiong. Comprehensive Learning Particle Swarm Optimization based Memetic Algorithm for Model Selection in Short-term Load Forecasting using Support Vector Regression. Applied Soft Computing, 2014, 25:15-25. DOI:10.1016/j.asoc.2014.09.007 (SCI, IF:2.679)
6. Yukun Bao*, Tao Xiong, Zhongyi Hu. PSO-MISMO Modeling Strategy for Multi-Step-Ahead Time Series Prediction (Regular paper). IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B), 2014, 44(5): 655-668. DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2013.2265084. (SCI, IF:3.781)
7. Tao Xiong, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu. Interval Forecasting of Electricity Demand: A Novel Bivariate EMD-based Support Vector Regression Modeling Framework. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2014, 63:353-362. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijepes.2014.06.010. (SCI, IF:3.432)
8. Mboni Kibelloh, Yukun Bao*. Perceptions of International Female Students Towards E-learning in Resolving High Education and Family Role Strain. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 2014, 50(4):471-491. (SSCI, IF:0.659).
9. Yukun Bao*, Tao Xiong, Zhongyi Hu, Multi-Step-Ahead Time Series Prediction using Multiple-Output Support Vector Regression. Neurocomputing, 2014, 129: 482-493. DOI:10.1016/j.neucom.2013.09.010 (SCI, IF:2.005)
10. Mboni Kibelloh, Yukun Bao*. Can Online MBA Program Balance Work, Family and Career Aspirations of Professional Working Mothers? A Case Study in China. Asia Pacific Education Researcher, 2014, 23(2): 249-260.. DOI: 10.1007/s40299-013-0101-1. (SSCI, IF:0.793)
11. Tao Xiong, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu. Multiple-output support vector regression with firefly algorithm for interval-valued stock price index forecasting. Knowledge-based Systems. 2014, 55:87-100. DOI:10.1016/j.knosys.2013.10.012. (SCI, IF:3.058)
12. Tao Xiong, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu. Does Restraining End Effect Matter in EMD-Based Modeling Framework for Time Series Prediction? Some Experimental Evidences. Neurocomputing. 2014, 123:174-184. DOI: 10.1016/ j.neucom.2013.07.004, (SCI, IF:2.005)
13. Tao Xiong, Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu. Beyond One-Step-Ahead Forecasting: Evaluation of Alternative Multi-Step-Ahead Forecasting Models for Crude Oil Price. Energy Economics. 2013, 40:405-415. DOI: 10.1016/j.eneco.2013.07.028 .(SSCI, IF:2.538)
14. Yukun Bao*, Zhongyi Hu, Tao Xiong. A PSO and Pattern Search based Memetic Algorithm for SVMs Parameters Optimization. Neurocomputing, 2013, 117: 98-106. (SCI, IF: 1.634)
15. Yukun Bao*, Tao Xiong, Zhongyi Hu, Mboni Kibelloh. Exploring gender differences on general and specific computer self-efficacy in mobile learning adoption. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 2013, 49(1):111-132. (SSCI, IF:0.44)
Note: Timely list of all publications might be found at Google Scholar and ResearchGate.