In accordance with the spirit of the Notice of the Organization Department of the Central Committee of the CPC, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the PRC, China Association for Science and Technology and the Central Committee of the Communist Young League on the Candidate Recommendation and Selection of the 16th China Youth Science and Technology Award, and in order to fulfill the candidate recommendation and selection of the 16th China Youth Science and Technology Award, the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
I. Number of awards
There are no more than 100 winners for this year's China Youth Science and Technology Award; 10prize winners at maximum for the Special Prize of China Youth Science and Technology Award will be selected from the current prize winners. Previous winners are not awarded repeatedly.
II. Appraisal and selection conditions
(I) Firmly uphold the core position of Xi Jinping, the General Secretary, in the Party Central Committee and the whole Party, resolutely maintain the authority of the Party Central Committee and its centralized and unified leadership, abide by disciplines and laws, and practice the spirit of scientists in the new era of "patriotism, innovation, realism, dedication, coordination, and education."
(II) The persons selected for the China Youth Science and Technology Award shall meet one of the following criteria:
1. Persons who have achieved important and innovative achievements and made outstanding contributions in the field of natural science research;
2. Persons who have achieved significant and creative achievements and made contributions in engineering technology with remarkable application results;
3. Persons who have made outstanding achievements in the popularization of science and technology, the promotion and transformation of scientific and technological achievements, and the management of science and technology, with measurable social or economic benefits.
(III) The persons selected for the Special Prize of China Youth Science and Technology Award shall comply with the following conditions:
Excellent scientific and technological leaders who have made great achievements or outstanding contributions in scientific research or engineering technology with great potential for development and can serve as moral models for young scientists.
(IV) Citizens of the People's Republic of China. A male candidate shall not exceed 40 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1979) and a female candidate shall not exceed 45 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1974).
III. Recommendation procedures and numbers
Persons for the China Youth Science and Technology Award of this time can be recommended by provincial and municipal government departments, ministries and commissions and the China Association for Science and Technology, or be nominated by academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering. In accordance with the requirements of the Notice, the number of applicants for the China Youth Science and Technology Award is limited, with only one applicant per unit in principle. Each unit shall examine and verify the individual application materials, and the Party Committee of each unit shall strictly check and give written opinions on the ideological and political quality and professional ethics of the applicants.
IV. Recommendation requirements
(I) Adhere to the principle of "openness, justice, fairness and selection for the best", broaden the channels of recommendation, strictly check selection conditions, give prominence to moral character, ability and performance, overcome the tendency of regarding paper, title, education background and awards as the only section standard, and ensure the quality of selection.
(II) For candidate recommendation, direct attention to giving preference to outstanding young scientists and technicians who have been working for a long time in the forefront of scientific research and production and in tough industries in the western region. Scientific and technological achievements made in China shall dominate among all the achievements made by the recommended person who shall be the main accomplisher or main contributor.
(III) Candidate recommendation materials are the main basis for the evaluation of China Youth Science and Technology Award. Materials should be concise and make a point of the innovative achievements and contributions of the candidates. Relevant reports in non-academic newspapers and periodicals shall not be taken as certification materials
(IV) The recommending units and candidates shall consciously abide by scientific ethics and academic norms, and the r recommendation materials shall be objective, accurate and complete. Where the recommendation materials are not filled in really, the "one-vote veto" shall be implemented. If a candidate is complained, the recommending unit and the unit to which the candidate belongs shall conduct investigation and verification and provide written investigation materials and concluding observations.
(V) Candidate recommendation materials shall not involve state secrets, and confidential treatment shall be examined and approved by the University Secrecy Office. In case of the violation of the materials against the provisions on confidentiality, related persons shall be disqualified from being recommended.
V. Requirements for submission of recommendation materials
(I) Materials submitted
1. The Recommendation Form for the 16th China Youth Science and Technology Award shall be made in quintuplicate (one of which shall be filled in with unit opinions and stamped). In the recommendation form, the recommendation opinions of the candidate's unit shall be clear and involve the candidate's political performance, honesty and self-discipline situation, moral conduct situation, and the authenticity, accuracy and confidentiality of the materials; The recommendation opinions of the recommendation unit should involve the evaluation of the achievement, contribution and academic morality of the candidate.
2. One copy of recommendation report. It mainly includes the selection procedure, basic information of candidates, ideological and political performance, professional ethics, academic morality, material authenticity examination, confidential treatment and other contents, and requires the signature of the main person in charge of the Party Committee (general Party branch) of the School or Department, and the seal of the Party Committee (general Party branch).
3. One copy of relevant materials in the Annex (bound in a book), including:
(1) Catalogue of main scientific and technological achievements;
(2) Major published papers and monographs (3 papers and 1 monograph at maximum);
(3) Certification materials of papers and monographs cited by others;
(4) Certificate of technical appraisal and certification materials of intellectual property rights;
(5) Technical application certification materials;
(6) Certification materials of recognition and reward obtained;
(7) Certification materials of other achievements and contributions.
(II) submission time
Please submit the candidate's written materials to the Association for Science and Technology of the University (on the 4th floor of the archive) during working hours on the morning of October 21, 2019.
(I) Association for Science and Technology
Contact person: Wang Zhenglun
(II) Contact person: Yu Jia
Association for Science and Technology
October 16, 2019